Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day Selfies

Halftone - $0.99
Here is an app I used in my Kindergarten class with a lot of support and patience. Halftone is a great app that turns your photograph into a comic like page.

What I did with the Kindergarten class was I introduced the students the concept of taking a selfie! It's a skill that many of us are unaware that we have. Staring into the camera lens and taking a picture, not staring at our face as we take the picture. It's about the eye-contact.

After we all successfully took selfies (a word in the Oxford Dictionary), I guided the students through skipping the photo editing page and jumping right into a finished product. Some students had trouble following along, which made the lesson a bit challenging. However students were able to successfully change the date to say "February 14" as well as type "I love you" and add a Heart stamp. It was a lesson that required a lot of focus and attention out of Kindergarten students and it might be something I would try in first grade instead.

Here is how some of them turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment