Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Common Sense Media Curriculum

A while ago I stumbled across Common Sense Media's and their Digital Citizenship curriculum. I have taken this open and free curriculum and modified it specifically to my student demographics. I thought that many lessons Common Sense Media provides are great and useful and if tailored the right way they can really make an impact with your students. I am working with both the 3-5 and 6-8 curriculum for my 5-8th grade middle school students.

The 7th and 8th graders do a great job being mature and having strong discussions while the 6th grade class does a great job participating. It's still an odd age for 5th graders to be in Middle School so I had to modify the lessons to work in their favor. In general it has been a great experience for them and me and I will continue using this curriculum for the rest of March. I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about teaching digital citizenship and online safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment