Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Back from Islandwood

Well I just spent the past week on Bainbridge Island with the Fourth Grade class at an outdoor ed camp called IslandWood. It was a beautiful experience in the outdoors and away from all the daily technology work and maintenance that I do on a regular basis at Westside. It felt great for me to be outdoors, in the forest and woods, connecting with the nature around me. I took moments to capture these memories with technology to remind me of the power and beauty that is being outside with the Earth.

I really appreciated the time away from the daily routines at work. I hope that the time I spent reflecting and thinking will make my lessons at Westside more powerful and meaningful. How better to use technology, than just entertainment and convenience? To use technology as a tool to expand our thinking as learners...

Here are some of those moments I captured:
  


No comments:

Post a Comment