Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

W1 - Kindergarten

As a start for the new year, I wanted to introduce the "Doodle Buddy" app to my Kindergarten classes.



First the app was introduced to the students and I wanted to find out how many students knew about this app already. Surprisingly, not many students have used this app before. I set 7 minutes on the timer and told the students to explore what every single button on the app does and their functions. I also told the students that they needed to figure out how to draw, change colors, erase, and change the backgrounds of their drawings.

After the timer was up, I reviewed and asked the students what they found out how to do. They showed me and the rest of the class which buttons did what. It was a great way for 5 year olds to learn how to use an app as well as teach me and others what the buttons do! Their final task was to draw a memory they had from Holiday break and use the text function to label what their memory was!





No comments:

Post a Comment